Born and raised in Webster, New York, a quaint suburb of Rochester, Kate began playing the violin at age nine, immediately immersing herself in both Americana and Classical styles. By the time she was twelve, her love for singing, songwriting and performing led her to form the band "Kate Lee with No Strings Attached." Her fan-base and touring schedule grew by leaps and bounds, leading to performances at such major East Coast music festivals and concert halls as the Gettysburg Festival, the Windgap Festival, the Oswego Music Hall, and the New York State Fiddler's Hall of Fame. As a young teenager, Kate continued her studies in classical music and became a member of the Hochstein Youth Symphony Orchestra and the Rochester Philharmonic Youth Orchestra.
She won the "Search for a Star" talent contest in 2009 for her self-penned composition and performance of "On Your Way." As a result, she performed the song at the world-renowned Eastman Theatre with the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra. Kate has also written songs for non-for-profit agencies such as The Missing and Abused Children Foundation ("In the Mirror") and The Granting Dreams Foundation ("When You Dream"). She has played violin for the 2011 and 2012 CMA Awards show and CMA Country Christmas Show, and she played violin for Rod Stewart when the Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks Heart & Soul tour came to Nashville. She has written several songs with Nashville's renowned writer, Pat Alger, and has completed several recordings produced by Kris Wilkinson featuring such players at Bryan Sutton, Viktor Krauss, John Gardner, Gary Prim, Tim Lauer, and more.
Kate has been tapped as opening act for many national touring acts, such as Rhonda Vincent, Nothin' Fancy, Daily and Vincent, Jay Ungar and Molly Mason, and the Grascals.
Kate presently resides in Nashville, Tennessee and is a senior at Belmont University, where she is studying classical violin under the direction of Elisabeth Small and commercial violin, fiddle, under the direction of Tammy Rogers. In addition to her music studies, she continues to write, perform, and record both as a lead artist and as a supporting musician and vocalist for other artists.
- 2014 Don Williams Tour - fiddle player and backup singer for opening act, Colm Kirwan
- 2013 CMA Christmas Show - backup singer/dancer/fiddle player for Jake Owen and violin player for Jennifer Nettles, Mary J. Blige, Darius Rucker, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Trace Adkins, and Lucy Hale
- 2012 Violin player for Rod Stewart in Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena performance of the Heart & Soul Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks tour.
- 2012 CMA Award Show - fiddle player for Kelly Clarkson
- 2012 CMA Christmas Show - violin/fiddle player for Little Big Town, Katherine Jenkins, John Legend, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles/Sugarland, Keith Urban
- 2011 CMA Award Show - fiddle player for Rascal Flatts
- 2011 CMA Award Show - fiddle player for Glen Campbell Tribute behind Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, and Keith Urban.
- 2011 CMA Christmas Show - violin/fiddle player for Lauren Alaina, Rascal Flatts, Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Scott McCreery, Jennifer Nettles/Sugarland, Brad Paisley, and Keith Urban
- 2010 Received High School Grand Musician Award
- 2010 Performed her song "Take Me With You," which she arranged for choir and piano accompaniment at graduation ceremony
- 2010 Graduates, ranked sixth out of her 365 high school student class with High Honors with Distinction
- 2009 Winner of Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra's "Search for a Star" competition with the performance of her song, "On Your Way"
- 2008 Grand Prize winner of the New York State Songwriting Contest for "Beige" and "On Your Way"
- 2008 Selected to perform on the PBS television series, "On Stage."
- 2008 Selected as Teen Correspondent for the Bluegrass Blog
- 2008 Scholarship award recipient for West Virginia's Augusta Heritage Fiddle Workshop
- 2007 recipient of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute's "Future Women Leaders of America" Award
- 2007 National Publishing Award for Great New Authors for her song "Are We There Yet"